At New Hanover Chiropractic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Wilmington office.
Natural support for Thyroid symptoms includes:
1. Full thyroid panel of bloodwork including: thyroid antibodies, T3, T4, Reverse T3 and TBG
2. Anemia Profile - The thyroid and brain need proper delivery of oxygen and hemoglobin.
3. Blood Sugar - glucose variations can increase cortisol which decreases thyroid function.
4. Immune Panels - the immune system can attack your own thyroid tissue.
5. Liver / Gastrointestinal Malfunction - can alter thyroid health and function.
6. Emotional Stress - can imbalance autonomic nervous system function. Bio - Energetic Synchronization helps the nervous system recover and stabilize from negative effects of emotional upsets.
7. EFA Metabolism - Essential fatty acid metabolism is vital to squelch runaway inflammation.
For further information on natural alternatives to improve thyroid function read Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms ? When My Lab Tests Are Normal by Datis Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MS
Fibromyalgia / Chronic Fatigue
Natural remedies to support the symptoms of Fibromyalgia / Chronic Fatigue should only be considered after the proper testing which should include the following:
1. Bloodwork including Complete Metabolic Panel, Complete Blood Chemistry with auto differential, Thyroid Panel and Complete Lipid Panel with inflammation markers.
2. Sensitivity Testing - Stool and DNA testing for sensitivity to gluten, milk, soy, egg and yeast. IF you are sensitive to any or all of the above, it is continously making your condition worse.
3. GI Stool Microbial Panel - This will tell us if you have yeast, fungi or parasites irritating and inflaming your body.
4. Adrenal Stress Index - If you have been under chronic stress or have difficulty getting or staying asleep, this test will give you answers.
When testing is complete, you may be required to change dietary habits and take micro doses of specific nutrients and botanicals to improve function.
For more information on advanced management of Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia call 910-762-1258 and ask for a free video.
We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, William Genther has years of training and experience in spinal adjusting.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each patient is a whole person, and helping them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Do you know how these supplements and vitamins interact with one another? Dr. William Genther can provide a structured nutritional program based on your individual needs.
Spinal & Postural Screenings
Posture and spinal screenings can reveal important health information and unlock the door to improved health and well-being. We provide screenings at area malls, community events, health fairs and places of employment. Contact us today to arrange a screening at your event or workplace.